17th - 22nd December 2023
NOTE: this is an open international event. Open to all members of 420 class but it is important that you read the below information.
- Training days will be Sunday17th December and Monday 18th December
- Racing starts on Tuesday 19th to Friday 22nd
- The class will take two class coaches, Tim Rush and Haydn Sewell (from Monday 18th only, parents to support Tim on the Sunday) to provide on water support. In addition on water support with another rib manned by parents
- The class rib will be taken and 2 other ribs will be chartered for the coaches.
- There will be boat transport available to and from the event- this will be using the 6 and 4 stacker trailers to keep the cost down BUT we will need parents to drive the class van and tow a trailer, or tow a trailer with their own vehicle (4x4, van etc only)
- We will also need parents to support the on water safety in a rib, they will need PB2 to helm, not to crew, and may need DBS checks, but the class will liaise with them on that
- It is expected that if you are attending the event under the umbrella of the GBR 420 class, you will agree to be part of the training and on water support (travel logistics will be separate for those boats included)
- For this event you may enter and organise your own coaching/on water support - but please let us know that you do not wish to be included in class numbers
- All travel, accommodation and sailor care needs to be provided by parents, this is not a Team event of the type run for the Junior Europeans (no houseparenting etc)
- You will need to enter the event yourself via the website 47th Palamós Christmas Race - 2023 the cut off for early entry fees is 18th November
- there is currently a cheap flight from Birmingham to Girona on Saturdays. This will work well for the event. If there are sufficient families using this flight then we will organise joint airport transfers
- Girona is the nearest airport, but Barcelona is only a 1 hr 40 drive. Public transport from Barcelona it is a little trickier, although there is a bus directly to Palamos which takes two and a half hours (limited times of the day)
- Palamos is easily negotiated on foot, and therefore a hire car is not essential if you fly in, in fact parking can be tricky
- Only complete registration if you are attending the event and want to be part of the class on water support.
- Please let us know ([email protected]) if you are willing to drive and whether you have a vehicle or would drive the class van
- Consider whether you can support with being on a rib
- Enter the event, and book travel and accommodation
- If you are arranging your own boat transport please let us know, or we will include you in our numbers
Online entry is now closed. Please contact [email protected] if you wish to enter.
Full - adding to wait list
No map for this venue